Posted: February 25, 2021
Job Announcement: Part-Time Programs Director for the Missoula Writing Collaborative
The Missoula Writing Collaborative teaches literary competence, critical thinking, cultural awareness, and artistic joy through creative writing. We place writers in school classrooms, after-school programs, youth homes and other venues to show young people the power of words and help them find their voices as writers.
The Programs Director works to organize, promote and supervise all of Missoula Writing Collaborative’s programs. They also engage in year-round marketing and communications. The Programs Director reports to and works closely with the Executive Director.
- Words with Wings Summer Camp
- Create budget
- Hire writers & coordinate programming for two week camp
- Communicate with families, writers and staff
- Coordinate all field trip programming
- Arrange donations of scholarships and supplies
- Organize camp-end and Book Festival readings and compile anthology
- Writers’ Room Classes
- Coordinate biannual adult writing classes taught by MWC writers
- Advertise classes through press and social media
- Reserve location for classes
- Communicate with participants
- Organize extracurricular classes for students as needed
- Assist ED with other programming such as Poetry Month, Ballet Beyond Borders, and MWC fundraisers.
Marketing and Communications
- Engage in marketing and communications for all programs including summer camp and Writers’ Room
- Send out monthly newsletters updating community members about news and events
- Update MWC website and social media platforms
- Coordinate with Americorps VISTA and ED to set up communications schedule
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Strong verbal communication and organization skills
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in writing/literature/humanities
- Communications and event coordinating experience
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel)
- Experience with or willingness to learn Submittable, Mailchimp, WordPress and Facebook/Instagram
Hours and Compensation
Programs Director will average 15 hours a week, except for the 2 weeks of summer camp, which would be full time. Pay starts at $20/hour.
May 3, 2021. If hired, Programs Director should be available for training in April.
Send a cover letter, resume, and 2 references to [email protected] . A writing sample may be requested if you are asked to interview. Position closes on March 19, 2021.